Dorothy Sue Bingham
March 7, 1923
December 21, 2018
Dorothy Sue (Bodenhamer) Bingham was born on March 7,1923 in Mountain Home, Arkansas to Suzie Pearl and Fred Walton Bodenhamer. She died on December 21, 2018 at the age of 95 while living in Edmond, Oklahoma. Dorothy was in the first graduating class of Will Rogers High School of Tulsa, Oklahoma. She obtained an Associate's Degree from the University of Tulsa and began work as a corporate secretary in the legal department of Warren Petroleum. She married Boyd B. Bingham on January 19, 1949 at College Hill Presbyterian Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Boyd worked for Texaco and they moved to Drumright, Oklahoma. They had two sons, Keith and Jeffrey. The family moved to Venezuela at Texaco's request for a period of time and then moved to Midland, Texas in 1959. From Midland, they moved to Hobbs, New Mexico in 1961. Dorothy began volunteering as a Pink Lady at Lea Regional Hospital in 1963 and served as a Pink Lady for 31 years. Dorothy had a deep, abiding faith in God and lived her life accordingly. She was wise, gracious and never lost her wonderful sense of humor in navigating through life. She was a lifelong member of the Presbyterian Church. She and Boyd were active members of the First Presbyterian Church of Hobbs.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, Boyd Bingham; her brother, Leonard Bodenhamer; nephew, Randy Bodenhamer; and grandson, Keith Bingham, Jr. She is survived by her son, Keith Bingham, and wife, Barbara of Edmond, Oklahoma; grandsons Grant Bingham of Boston, Massachusetts, David Bingham and wife Katy, great grandchildren Emma and Ford Bingham of Edmond, Oklahoma; son Jeffrey Bingham and wife Danna of Spring, Texas; grandchildren Michelle Bingham of Spring, Texas, Brandon Bingham and wife Meredith, great grandchild Holden Bingham of Houston; sister Pat Johnson and husband Earl Johnson of The Woodlands, Texas; and several nephews and their families.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to First Presbyterian Church of Hobbs or Lea Regional Medical Center Auxiliary.